Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Music

I kept hearing this song that sounded like something straight out of the 60s a while back and on an episode of Grey's Anatomy. I absolutely loved the song wondering who this was, what the name of the song was, etc. but then was quickly forgotten as I got absorbed in the Meredith/Derek drama or the Callie/Haun innuendo or whatever was going on at the time.

Thanks to my new handy dandy iPhone, a music-identifying program called Shazam, and some luck, I heard the song on the radio last week and discovered it was a lovely Welsh lady named Duffy.


After listening to all the songs on YouTube, I decided it was worth spending some of my iTunes gift card credit on. It's reminiscent of Dusty Springfield, The Supremes, and Martha and the Vandellas. I can envision some lazy Sundays with this in the background and making pies.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I like "Mercy." Keep hearing it everywhere.