Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Movies

Yeah, I still haven't updated about the big move-out at my grandparents to show off what kind of things we took back because I haven't uploaded the pictures off my camera yet. I am the absolute worst about that. I have pictures on there that my half-sister Deedar is going to want from my trip there before Thanksgiving when I met her husband's family. People depending on me and I'm dropping the ball over and over. *sigh*

My Thanksgiving was lovely. I only went to two this year: Giraffe's dad's place and then my parents. This was only the second year I've had turkey at Thanksgiving because we always had hen. My grandfather didn't like turkey because it made greasy dressing and gravy. I never noticed the difference. Poultry is pretty much created equal in my world.

Before I left for Thanksgiving, I put the tree up (sans decorations but that should change tonight) and Christmas is on the way whether or not I'm ready for it. I'm planning on making most of my presents this year and I need to wrap that up. Not physically wrap them up, but finish. Although I do need to wrap them up after I wrap them up. Nevermind. Moving on.


While I was at home, we put up the big tree and started the long Christmas movie list. There are certain must-see's that I watch at holidays. Christmas has the longest list and I've already got A Charlie Brown Christmas and Garfield's Christmas out of the way. There is also a list of movies that I want to watch for Christmas, but if I don't get to them I'm not going to be as upset as if I missed a movie on the first tier.
  1. First Tier
  • Ernest Saves Christmas
  • Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
  • Elf
  • Claymation Christmas
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Garfield's Christmas
2. Second Tier
  • It's A Wonderful Life
  • A Christmas Story
  • Miracle on 34th Street
  • Love Actually (an anytime movie but revolves around Christmastime)
  • White Christmas
  • Home Alone 1 & 2
And speaking of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, Foodie informed me yesterday that it's being made into a musical! Paul Williams, who wrote the songs for the movie as well as other Muppet movies, will be back to write new songs for the musical. It will be a mix of human performers and Muppets. I am going to have to find a way to see this. I have to see them sing "Barbeque" in person, and you will know me in the crowd of people by the big squealing mess.