Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Experiment Progress

Well, it's Day 5 of my experiment and so far haven't had a problem with not eating out.  Until yesterday.  Yesterday, I was downright twitchy needing a fix.  Yes, I know I'm sad.

Mondays are mine and Giraffe's usual going out to eat night because it's one of the few he has off from school and work.  Plus I'd had a blah day and enjoy going out to be in a cheerful environment.  To me, endless refills make for a cheerful environment.

Like I had said previously, the only stipulation to my experiment was I could eat out if someone invited me.  Coincidentally, one of our friends had a gift card to Applebee's.  Of course, Applebee's had a special where you could get an appetizer and two entrees for $20.  So we went whole hog: appetizer, entree, and then to the mall for ice cream at Marble Slab.  Dang you and your amaretto ice cream with strawberries!  I did have the smallest cup possible, which equated to about a cup.  Not so bad, I hope?

Anyway, I'm back on the horse today and feeling good.  I haven't trained for my race since before the weekend, so I need to get back on that horse as well.  Maybe I need a new metaphor since riding two horses would be tricky.  Today I might try running outside for the length of the race since I've only ran on a treadmill.  I like the comfort of the constant weather of indoors as well as the TV.  There are no headphones allowed in the race so I need to mentally train myself as well.  Being in a competitive environment will most likely cause me to have a better running time than usual, but I still need to be as prepared as possible.

No comments: