Monday, March 1, 2010

The Bet: Halfway Down

Well, the bet is still in place, at least in my mind since the Marine told me he wasn't taking it seriously. That's okay. I'm still going to call him Tubby if I win since no prize has been distinguished and probably won't be at this point. Bragging rights will have to suffice.

After a month of revamping my diet and an exercise plan that features roller derby and running, I'm down 8 lbs! I had to make some adjustments because during the month I plateaued and fluctuated, but I think I'm back on track. I feel great and have so much more energy than I used to, especially when running/skating. I love it!

So they say it takes 21 days to break a habit and I've gone 28 days with no bread, pasta, or Diet Coke, all of which were staples in my day-to-day diet. There are things that I miss and most of them are only when I eat out. Bread baskets mostly, and then Diet Coke, but I've been substituting with iced tea, which isn't so bad. At home, I've been missing peanut butter sandwiches a lot lately. And, of course, the brownie that I keep talking about for when I finish the bet. With ice cream. The taste of victory.

This weekend I'll be running an 8K for the Boys and Girls Club with the derby team. My goal is to jog the entire time, even if it means at a crawl. I'm running 2-3 miles every other day so I'm not sure how adding 2-3 more miles to that is going to be.

No comments: