Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

After my last post in April, things took an interesting turn and completely flipped my life upside down.

1. Giraffe and I broke up after 4.5 years of being together.
2. I moved back home with my parents.
3. I started school again to get my teaching license to teach elementary school.
4. I took a job at Sonic to have a flexible schedule for school and roller derby.
5. The people living in my previous house moved so I had to make lofty payments on a part-time salary in a house I no longer lived in.

I've been cooking a lot at home with my mom, which has helped keep my cooking skills up. In addition, I'm learning more of the family recipes to hopefully pass down to my own kids one day. I stood in the kitchen next to Mom on Thanksgiving to learn how to do the hen, dressing, cornbread, and biscuits. While it's been a total life change for me this past year, I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. I am now ridiculously happy and am excited about where I'm finally going.

2 comments:

AstroGailis said...

I finally stop checking your blog regularly, and look what you go and do! Update it! For shame... :P Glad things are still going so well...give me a call when you get a chance! :)

Bess(ie) said...

I decided I should start it up again. It'll be fun keeping track of my successes/blunders in my new life. :)