Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Funky Chicken

I've come to realize something the more I've experimenting with cooking more: I can't stand the taste of chicken.

In restaurants, it'll be marinated with some goodness and/or deep fried and/or smothered with some cheese, onions, or sauce. There's just something that I can't do to the chicken to make it taste good. And forget reheating it. That makes the natural chicken taste extremely potent. I swear I'm not crazy.

Surely there's someone else that understands me. No? Yeah I'm not surprised.

I'll just stick with cooking fish and steak. At least those I know I can do with little to no failure. Unless it's in gumbo or under the broiler. Then funky chicken might be sounding better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you ever went to Prince's for hot chicken, i guarantee that the heat would mask any funky chicken taste. just make sure to clear your calendar for the next 24 hours.

not liking bbq or chicken is entirely unacceptable. it's borderline unamerican. do you hate america and freedom, too?

Andrea said...

I'm not that great at cooking chicken either, for some reason. In fact, I ruined some just last night! We ended up having just the sides for supper,so I feel your pain. But you forgot about one thing. Chicken nuggets.

AstroGailis said...

Is it just warm chicken, or does it apply to cold cooked chicken too (like chicken salad)?

Bess(ie) said...

andrea: I do love me some chicken nuggets.

astrogailis: I've never had chicken salad and probably won't. It's got things in it that I can't bring myself to eat. 1. mayo, and 2. cold meat. Remember my dislike of deli meat? I know, I know. Just put me out of my misery, I don't deserve to live.