Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Maybe I Need Cinderella Mice?

Does anyone remember the pants that ripped? Well, they ripped again. I have no idea how it happened this time. I just happened to notice it on a trip to the bathroom when I had been at work for hours. I didn't remember hearing a rip noise. And of course, the shirt I was wearing wasn't long enough to cover the hole. Nope, it was dead center. So I have two choices: 1.) Wear my coat for the rest of the day and it happened to be an unusually warm day in the office. Normally it's like a meat locker most days; or 2.) Figure out a way to fix it. Luckily, Victoria was able to help with the second option.

She pulls out a small sewing kit left from the a previous legal assistant who had tried to repair a torn silk skirt. For those of you taking notes, silk isn't exactly cooperative when it comes to repairing. Anyway, I spend part of my lunch break fixing the quarter-size hole in the seam of my dress pants. So now I'm even more skittish to wear these pants since I machine-stitched them closed. I just have to face the harsh reality of perhaps the pants are too small despite fitting everywhere else perfectly. *sigh*

I normally wear a pair of plain dress pants to work, so they're kinda my favorite. They had also had a previous touch-up because the shotty factory hemming came undone. So I bust out my handy dandy needle and thread and go to town. Everything's great until I start noticing that after one washing, some of the threads are loose. "Oh that's just from the previous sewing job since I didn't cut the extra threads when I was repairing them." Nope. That'd be my sewing job that's unraveling. So today again during my lunch break, I'll be borrowing Vicki's sewing kit (at least I brought my own thread this time) and fixing my pants in the handicap stall. I should just set up shop there. Be my own little tailoring side business. Just have people who need repairs leave their items in the handicap stall on my floor. Or even better, repairs while you wait. You're already able to be preoccupied being in the bathroom. Or not.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh no! I hate to say it, but maybe those pants are doomed. Of course you could always take them home to Momma. If she can't fix 'em, they can't be fixed!