Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Friends

Sorry for the delay in a post. I realized I hit my maximum bandwidth on Flickr, which has completely crippled me when I try to post at work. I need to just bite the bullet and upgrade to a pro account because I'll only get frustrated in the end by having to ration pictures each month. That's no way to be when you have a marvelous camera just itching to be used!

Upon moving to the "big city," I had to leave most of my friends behind. I knew only 3 people where I was going, so I spent a lot of time trying find things to keep me busy. I knew once I got a job, things would get better (on so many levels) and I'd hopefully find some people to hang out with. I had been a temp at the law firm since the end of October and by complete luck and the shortcomings of another temp, I was able to secure my current job of legal assistant. The other legal assistant was my age and seemed like the perfect solution to my friendless problem. She and her husband had actually made a New Year's Resolution (Project Lonely Walrus I believe is what they dubbed it) to make more friends.

Don't we all look so happy? Well, Victoria (her new nickname because we agree she belongs in another time period and I think she looks very Victorian) is not trying to seduce the camera as you may think (and/or hope) but is actually fighting to stay awake. Her husband, Bo (short for Bohemian) apparently tries to pull a scary face during every picture he's a part of. I was unaware of this and thought maybe he just took bad pictures. No, he's just goofy.



When Giraffe and I went over to their house a few weeks ago, I was in for a treat. They live in an adorable little house off the beaten path with a one-eyed cat named Figaro. Victoria is inspired by the likes of Martha Stewart and Alicia Paulson and her house reflects so. Not to mention, they're both the talented creative types, which makes my eye twitch with envy. Friendly envy, of course. She had fixed us a lovely dinner and I noticed this beautiful embroidered tablecloth as we sat down.

Me: "Oh I love your tablecloth!"
Victoria: "Thank you. It was my great-grandmother's."

I sat there gaping because I wish I had something that beautiful and sentimental, but instead I have a tablecloth that I made and my cat likes to get tangled up in (because it's too long) and pull it along with everything else off the table. Including a vase of flowers. Thanks Butters. You, the other cats, and Giraffe are the reason I can't have nice things.

Victoria's looking a little funned out.


"No! Don't go to sleep, Bo! We're fun people. We promise!"

Victoria decides to entertain herself by making her and Bo's pieces date. Right before she knocked him off the table. *sigh* Love.

No comments: